- Woolly Aphids are most common pests of Hibiscus. It looks like white cottony mass spread over stems, leaves and branches.
Symptoms of damage:
- Pests sucks cell sap/ plant juice from leaves, branches and stems.
- Which results into deterioration of plant health and weakening.
- Infested plant part shows cottony mass with moulds growth.
- THe damaged plant parts show stickiness and slimes.
- If aphid population is low, you can just clean it with paint brush or cotton.
- Wash plant with lukewarm water and keep it under filtered sunlight.
- Remove highly affected branches/ twigs with secateur. Wash secateur with warm water after use.
- Spray Dimethoate 30 EC Half Tea-spoon in 3 litre of water.
- For long term control and prevention keep Hibiscus under Sunlight or Filtered Sunlight, avoid heavy dose of Urea or Nitrogenous fertilizer, Apply DAP and Organic Manure.